The most common injuries in football can be summed up as follows:
When the muscle is diminished causing muscle cramp, non-traumatic lesions are generally offered. One kind of distressing injury is muscular overload: It is caused by an extreme effort to increase manual labor. Its symptoms are muscle heaviness and localized discomfort.
To treat it is essential to rest and the use of NSAIDs to eliminate discomfort and enhance inflammation.
– Muscle pressure: It feels like a stone in the musculature and explosive action is impossible. If the rupture is total the feeling of discomfort is extremely severe and there is inability to carry out activities of daily life.
– Sprains: These happen when the ligaments surpass their strength. They are extremely painful sores, depending upon the three types that exist: the sore without rupture (grade I), with a partial tear (grade II) and total rupture of ligaments. Breaks of grade II and III hamper performing actions of daily life. Mostly they occur in the knees and ankles.
– Contractures Muscle: It includes uncontrolled contractions that take place in a particular location of muscle. They feel like a “lump” or “ball” happening more often in the quadriceps, hamstrings, or twins. Discomfort increases with the contraction or contraction versus resistance.
Bone fractures: The bone breaking can take place due to guide trauma or violent muscle contraction. They are rather a long injury to the player, particularly the injury of the tibia and fibula.
The treatment of a fracture is always in orthopedics and immobilization with a splint or cast in a semi-flexed knee, although when the tibia is intact, consolidation fibula fracture takes place quickly.
In the majority of these lesions the treatment consist of rest, the use of NSAIDs, applying local cold and in many cases where the discomfort is lengthened in time can resort to injecting steroids in the injured area.
In sprains and tendinitis, we immobilize the area with a plaster.
Later, when the pain stops, the athlete needs to start a guided rehabilitation, which generally includes mild stretching to go back to exercise and strengthen the muscles.
The treatment of a fracture is constantly in orthopedics and immobilization with a splint or cast in a semi-flexed knee, although when the tibia is intact consolidation fibula fracture happens easily.
The recovery time differs significantly depending on the situations. It depends on upon the age, physical condition of the athlete, the proper application of the treatment and the severity of the injury, among other elements. Not the very same a sprained ankle that can recoup in two weeks that a burst patellar tendon which requires four to six weeks immobilization plus subsequent rehabilitation time or injury of the anterior ligament that will require surgical treatment and a sluggish recovery counter-resistance exercises, assistance of crutches can begin ranging from 3- 4 month.
– Tendinitis is inflammation of a tendon that causes discomfort triggered by overuse or excessive repetition of movement of tendon. The most repetitive tendinitis in football is the patellar (knee) and Achilles (Achilles).
– Meniscal injuries: The menisci are structures whose primary function is to hold up against the loads that receive the knee and minimize friction in between the thigh and tibia. In football, it generally happens in a rotational movement of the leg with fixed firmly standing on the ground or in a direct hit on the bent leg and rotation.
Some tips to avoid injury:
- Do a great warm up with joint movement of workouts and mild stretching before the game. After the game, carrying out workouts like soft trot and more extreme of those are cool for muscle stretching.
- Train and have fun with suitable security with using anklets, shin pads, plasters in case of previous injuries, etc.
- Come back when you’re totally recouped if you have actually been injured. When it sees fit, always take the opinion of a medical professional.
- Great nutrition and hydration are vital for better performance and although many individuals do not believe, it helps to avoid injury.